Thursday, March 10, 2011

What? A Thursday without a fresh Backmarker?

Dear Readers,

For the first time in living memory*, I haven't posted a fresh, full length Backmarker column today. If you don't mind, I'll plead in the alternative (as a lawyer would say) and explain that this rare slip-up could have been caused by any number of circumstances...

  • Last night, at the monthly Heartland of America Motorcycle Enthusiasts (HoAME) club meeting, I drank a little too, um, enthusiastically.
  • I've been slammed with work trying to push a couple of feature film projects to the next level.
  • I've been working hard, too, to make Riding Man available on Kindle. Now that the first edition is sold out, I've heard of at least one copy selling for almost five times the cover price on Amazon!
  • Last but not least, Mary and I are preparing a podcast of 'Searching for Spadino' - for release on the anniversary of the Mont Blanc tunnel fire.

The big news is, I've also been distracted by setting up a new media partnership for Backmarker. Once a month, starting soon (I hope!) a special Backmarker will appear on a prominent motorcycle web site. It's safe to say that it's already in your bookmarks. This is good news for me because it will expose Backmarker to a much wider audience than its ever had in the past. The first of these new Backmarkers will not disappoint you - it's a look at an entirely new form of motorcycle entertainment - something I played a small part in creating, with Micky Dymond, a multi-time AMA motocross champ, MXGP hero, underappreciated roadracer and all-round Backmarker favorite.

Stay tuned!

*Living memory of some organism that lives, say, four years.

No comments:

Post a Comment