Friday, November 8, 2013

Why I love Honda: Part 8,736

Anyone who's a regular Backmarker reader knows that while I love a lot of motorcycles, I've got a special place in my heart for Honda.

In spite of the fact that Marc Marquez seems poised to give Honda another MotoGP championship, and Honda did well at the TT this year, I suppose there are still more than a few people who feel that, for example, the CBR1000 lags far behind other bikes in its class. There are old farts (like me) who in their dark moments bemoan a company has not been the same since the death of Soichiro Honda.

Then, Honda does something like this, and restores our faith.

 

When I watched this, I got a little choked up at the thought of how much time, effort, expense -- and yes, love -- went into a beautiful tribute to a guy who who has been dead and gone for 20 years.

Sure, the Italians wear their hearts on their sleeves. But no other company has Honda's profound, soulful passion for racing. So when the company stumbles next, and you hear detractors saying it no longer has what it takes to win, remember this: In racing, come what may, passion will out.

Some of you may hardly remember Ayrton Senna. If you find yourself wondering what this is all about, take a couple of hours and watch this. Keep that box of Kleenex handy.


6 comments:

  1. Pretty amazing. That made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I got chills and little teary-eyed from that.
    Definitely powerful and full of passion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have to say the 2012 Honda City is really my favourite one

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the past, companies used to hire data center operations technicians on a permanent basis because there were no other options available. Freelance Data Center Operations Technician

    ReplyDelete
  5. To be honest I found very helpful information your blog thanks for providing us such blog Cricket Betting

    ReplyDelete